The following is a summary from an article entitled The King James Version of the Bible by Steven Houck, a minister in the Protestant Reformed Church:
• It was translated by men who are unsurpassed in their knowledge of Biblical studies.
• The translators were pious men of God who believed in the inspiration of the Holy Scriptures.
• It is the mature fruit of generations of English translations as well as the careful work of its translators.
• The King James Version is based upon the Received Text rather than the critical Greek text of modern versions.
• It is a word-for-word translation which faithfully and accurately reflects the originals.
• The language is one of reverence and respect which gives honor to the majesty of its Author.
• Of all the English versions of today, it alone is the Bible of the Reformation.
• Our spiritual forefathers thought so highly of it that they were willing to suffer and even die for it.
• It is the version which has been recognized for generations and generations as the Bible God has given to His English-speaking Church.